Big Changes at Dana V. Music
Newsletter for August 2011 Dear families and friends of Dana V. Music, We have had quite an eventful summer here at Dana V. Music. Spring courses ended in May and we went straight into a wonderful semester of private and group lessons as we anticipated our Bring it to Broadway Summer Camp with Nancy Anderson and Meredith Patterson. We were making great music all summer and now it is time to go into fall new and improved.
The fall semester for private lessons begins on August 15th and Group Classes begin August 22nd.
We still have availability for study in all instruments. Voice, Violin, Viola, Guitar, Piano, and Flute.
We encourage you to go to our website and discover our over 15 NEW group classes for the fall semester, including:
- Youth Eurhythmics
- Pre-Instrumental Eurythmics
- Music Theory/Eurhythmics
- College Prep Theory/Eurhythmics
- Beginning Group Violin
- Beginning Group Guitar
- Beginning Group Flute
- Flute Choir
WE ARE ALSO REGISTERING FOR:
Preschool Musical, The Flatiron Chorales, Vocal Workshop, and Group Keyboarding.The website is separated by the following tabs: Courses, Keyboarding, Music Fundamentals. You can click the tabs to find what you need OR listed to the right of every course page is a full listing of classes.
We will be offering a series of discounts to families this year.
- Families with more than one individual studying privately will receive ONE FREE LESSON per semester for the second student.
- We offer discounts for private study of 2 or more instruments.
- Dana V. Music private students who opt to take one of our enriching group classes will receive $2 off per class, per semester. For example, Music Theory/Eurhythmics for Ages 8-11 totals $240, but the private student discount price would be $216! (12 classes at $2 off for a $24 savings!).
- All students taking 2 or more group classes will receive $2 off per class for the second and/or third choice offering. For example, register for Group Keyboarding and receive a discount of $32 off of Flatiron Youth Chorale (16 classes at $2 off!).
- Siblings in the Flatiron Chorales will receive 20% off the total tuition of the second child and the third is free!
- Siblings taking Group Keyboarding will receive 10% off the total tuition of the second child.
On July 30th, Dana V. Music opened their new wing of the school with a fantastic open house. The extended hallway is now equipped with a bigger waiting room, more couch space and two desk units for homework time. Those families that stay a long time with us over a week should know that we now have this available to our students. The Dana V. Music Ensemble Room was unveiled in the greatest way we could imagine. Almost every DVM teacher performed in the new space for the open house. The room is fun, modern, and currently displays the artwork of Julie Barbera (on sale). The space seats more than 50 people at a time. Oh, and did we mention we have a 1923 Steinway Baby Grand on loan from Fran Ryan of Impact on Education? It is a wonderful instrument and we are thrilled that all of our group classes will take place there! Thanks so much to Fran. Katie McClave and Dana Vachharajani finally have a new office! We waited almost four years for this but we finally have a space from which to do our work. We had been working out of our waiting room all this time and now we actually have a place to really run our school! The office is located right next to the ensemble room. If you ever need to speak with us, that is where we’ll be…all the way down the hall!We will be sending our end of summer wrap up newsletter, but we want you to get online and start discovering music!
[calltoaction link=”http://www.danavmusic.com/wp-content/uploads/2011-August_BigChanges.pdf”]Download PDF[/calltoaction]