“Raise Your Voice” Poetry Contest Application
Dana V. Music’s “Raise your Voice” Poetry Contest for Flatiron Youth Chorale (FYC)is a unique opportunity to get one of your poems set to music and work with a positive music group in the community! John Boggs composer and Assistant Director of the FYC at Dana V. Music, will transform the contest winner’s poem into a piece of choral music that will be performed by FYC May 6th, 2016 at the Steinbaugh Pavilion for the Pavilion for the Rhythm & Hues event, as well as other public concerts presented that semester. Two winners will be chosen one from the Elementary age group and another from the Middle School age group. In addition to the possibility of your poem being set to music, all applicants will be eligible for a 10% discount towards Flatiron Youth Chorale tuition! Winners will receive free tuition to the FYC for the spring semester, a value of over $250.00.
Registration for FYC is NOT a requirement for this contest
- Deadline for submissions is December 11, 2015, winners will be selected December 18, 2015
- All applicants must be between the ages of 6 and 14
- Elementary Age group (up to 5th grade). Middle School Group (up to 8th grade)
- Applicants are only allowed to submit one poem, collaborative teams of up to 3 people are permitted
- Poems must follow the theme of “Raise Your Voice”: A theme celebrating the importance of being heard. Poem content can be about any important issue, the way we communicate, the way we want to be heard, singing, or another related topic
- Poem should no more than 15 lines or 100 words in length
How to Apply
There are three ways you can submit your application.
- Review and fill out the information in the application below.
- Download a pdf application and submit your application and poem via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: FYC Poetry Contest, Last Name, First Name
- Download a pdf application and submit your application and poem in person at the Dana V. Music office, located at 901 Front Street, Suite B150, Louisville, CO 80027.
If you like, you can also submit a video of you performing your poem along with your application and poem text. The video may be highlighted on our social media if your approval is given. Videos can be submitted as a YouTube link or MP4 file.
*To Register for Flatiron Youth Chorale, please follow this link to our 2016 Spring Group Class registration page http://www.danavmusic.com/courses/registration/ .
Thank You and Good Luck!
Dana V. Music
* PDF Format